Saturday, April 18, 2020

Letter to Our Students - 4.18.20

Kids,

I don't know the right thing to say.  I watched the Governor's news conference yesterday with tears in my eyes, as did your teachers, as he announced the closure of schools for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year.  I began watching the posts on social media roll in, and started receiving emails from my kids.

Our Kids.

The sadness is overwhelming.
The disappointment, palpable.
It is not how we would have chosen to end the year.
It is not how we would rather spend our days.

To my Seniors, I am sorry about the second half of your final high school year.
I am sorry about the Spring,
with all of its Glory and Promise and Hope of
New things to come.

And mostly,
I am sad that we didn't get to finish our time together.
Seeing you in the hallways,
In the classrooms,
Cheering for you trackside,
On the sidelines,
High-Fives and Fist Bumps,
Hugs and I'm-Proud-Of-You's.

And yet, my kids,
And yet...

We have HOPE
We have LOVE
We have FAITH
We have EACH OTHER
We are TOGETHER

So we haven't lost.
We haven't lost anything.
We can only win.

And WIN we shall.

Because that's we do.
Because we are Warriors.
Because we are in this TOGETHER
And you are NEVER alone.

#Classof2020
#Classof2021
#Classof2022
#Classof2023
#InThisTogether
#WarriorStrong

2 comments:

  1. You are simply the best principal. The best human. The best fatger, to my kids as much as to yours. I take my hat off to you and the love you freely give to the ones I hold so dear to my heart, that you make your own. You take them and hold them and teach them and love them. For that I will always be grateful. I watch my senior struggle, shed tears, take moments of silence in in her room where I cannot reach her sorrow some days and as much as that saddens me it also makes me proud. Proud that her sadness stems from the reality that she misses you and all the beautiful souls that have guided her into adulthood. The souls that have, in part, forked the beautiful person she is becoming. That will forever warm my heart. Thank you and all of the educators and entire staff that have had a deep impact on my child. So deep that produce loving tears. That is beautiful. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been an amazing principal, mentor and friend to my daughters! I know Gracee feels you have made her last 3 years more memorable and I can see how much she looks up to and respects you. This is a difficult time for her, as a senior, but she knows she isn't going through it alone... and that is because of you and the other teachers that have become more than just teachers of the subjects in the classroom. You all have helped our kids see the value of hard work, self respect, helping others and so much more! As a parent I want to say thank you so much for being there for them and giving them great guidance when they come to you with worries and problems. Sometime kids need to hear something from someone other than a parent and I have been secure knowing she will get good advice from you and the other teachers she has confided in! Thank you so much for all you do and for how much you care.... it truly shows!

    ReplyDelete

Becoming Principal (Snippet #6)

Core Value #2: Perception is Reality (remember that everyone is watching you) IF I HAD REACTED BADLY IN THIS SITUATION, rest assured every...